The California Coast has endless of places to explore and Monterey is one of them. Anyone can easily pass through on the way to Big Sur but spending a weekend in Monterey is recommended. Monterey is roughly 2 hours south of San Francisco, which makes it the perfect weekend getaway. Here is a complete weekend guide to Monterey, California.
Where To Stay
I stayed at Hotel Pacific and loved it! Hotel Pacific has 105 modern suites with gas fireplaces and private balconies. Each room has complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast. The location of the hotel was perfect, it was walking distance to Cannery Row and Fisherman’s Wharf.
What To Do
1. Monterey Bay Aquarium – This was one of the highlights of my trip. The Monterey Bay Aquarium is $50 a ticket per adult and $30 per child. I easily spent 2 hours exploring the Aquarium.
2. Cannery Row & Old Fisherman’s Wharf – Great place to walk around, shop and eat seafood!
3. 17 Mile Drive – This famous 17 mile coastline drive starts at Pacific Grove through Pebble Beach to Carmel. The drive is scenic and one of the main reasons tourists visit. There are plenty landmarks to see through out the drive, if you’re lucky you may see seals!
4. Pebble Beach – Explore Pebble Beach while driving the 17 mile drive. Stop by the Pebble Beach Golf Link to explore and shop.
5. Carmel by the Sea – Carmel is a cute beach town and a must visit!
6. Wine Tasting – Carmel Valley has some of the best wineries. Here’s a guide to the wineries & tasting rooms.
Where To Eat
First Awakenings – 125 Ocean View Blvd – Awesome brunch! Located next to the Monterey Bay Aquarium
Monterey Fish House – 2114 Del Monte Ave – Awesome seafood! Reservations is recommended
Old Fisherman’s Grotto – 39 Fisherman’s Wharf – Great Clam Chowder and great for lunch or dinner
Hula’s Island Grill – 622 Lighthouse Ave – Asian fusion/Hawaiian food. Great for lunch or dinner
Shop my Califonia look:
Have you been to Monterey? Comment below on your favorite thing to do!