Iceland is pretty unpredictable. Depending on the time you go it can be REALLYYY cold. I traveled to Iceland at the end of November and it was pretty cold, however fairly comfortable. So what should I pack to Iceland? This is the first time I would be visiting a place that had glaciers! I’m not someone who enjoys the cold either. I’m an LA native so I’m use to warm weather year round. After a lot of research I found everything I needed for my trip and it worked out perfectly for me! I was warm throughout my trip and had a comfortable time. So here is my guide on what to pack to Iceland.
1. Hand Warmers: This was a life saver!!! Many occasions my hands were freezing but the hand warmers saved me! It feels so good to have them in your hands to keep them warm. I highly suggest buying a pack!
2. GoPro Hero 4: If you don’t have a GoPro yet, you should really get one! It’s so convenient and great for taking outdoor photos and selfies!
3. Travel Adapter: Always useful to have travel adapters to charge your phones and cameras.
4. Warm Scarf: A cute warm scarf to keep you warm and looking trendy.
5. Gloves: Make sure to purchase gloves!
6. Wool Socks: You will regret not getting wool socks! These will keep your nice little toes toasty warm.
7. Ear Muffs: Keep those ears warm and covered!
8. Thermal Long Sleeve Top: Great for laying and helps keep you extra warm!
10. Waterproof or Quick Dry Cargo Pants: These were great since it was roomy enough for my leggings. It’s also great to keep water and wind from getting your clothes wet.
11. Parka: Get a nice parka because these will keep you so warm!
12. Packable Down Jacket: These are always great for travel since they can roll up and take up very little space in your luggage.
13. Waterproof Jacket: Hooded waterproof jacket to keep water and wind from flowing through. I wore this basically everyday as it’s roomy and great for laying over your thermals or sweaters.
14. Short Boots: A pair of short rain boots boots for everyday wear around the city or mild weather.
15. Tall Boots: Tall waterproof boots for rain and snow.