I have been blogging for two months about travel and food. I’ve always had a passion for exploring new places as much as I could while experiencing new cuisines anywhere I go. I only started blogging recently because I got inspired by so many female travel bloggers in the world. I’ve been following travel groups and Instagram has also helped a lot. Seeing all the beautiful photos and reading about everyones journey has really encouraged me to do the same. I love the travel community as it’s a place for everyone to connect, share and support one another.
Just last week, as I was getting ready for work I checked my twitter message and got a message from fellow bloggers and new friends, Tale Of Two Sisters Travel. Alice & Grace are two sisters from England who currently documents their travels through Europe. They have nominated me for the liebester award!
Wait, What Is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists on the web, and given to bloggers by other bloggers. Basically, it’s goal is to recognize newer blogs or any blog that you think deserve recognition. It’s a great way to find new blogs that you may have never found otherwise. Once the award is accepted, you then answer 11 questions from the blog who nominated you and find 5-11 more fellow bloggers who you think deserve this award.
I love this concept and I’m so glad I’m part of it! Thank you again Alice & Grace for the nomination!
My 11 questions from Tale Of Two Sisters Travel:
1. What has been your favorite adventure you have ever taken?
There’s so many but my favorite is probably Italy. It is so interesting to see all the unique cities and town within Italy, such as Venice, Cinque Terre, Positano and so many more! (I still need to blog about it!)
2. Have you ever been anywhere that has not lived up to your expectations?
Nope! Every destination is an adventure. No matter where it has been, I always make the best of it.
3. What is your favorite travel quote?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
4. If you were to show someone around your hometown where would you take them?
Twin Peaks in San Francisco! It has one of the most amazing views!
5. What is at the top of your bucket list?
This is hard to answer.. I have so many but I’m dying to visit Greece, Maldives and Salar de Uyuni (Boliva Salt Flat)
6. Tell us about your funniest travel story?
I was in Las Vegas last summer with my boyfriend and I happened to have bumped into an old friend at a club… he then tells me… “Hey, I think I know that guy (pointing at my boyfriend).. I’ve seen him on Instagram somewhere”. The “Instagram Boyfriend” was born… my boyfriend has become Instagram famous/Instagram boyfriend!
7. Who or what inspired you to travel?
My fellow travelers!! Every single one of you has inspired me one way or another… through your photos and blog posts.
8. What is your perfect travel outfit?
Rompers and dresses! They’re so comfortable and great for photos! It’s also great when I don’t have to think about a top and a bottom.. =)
9. Do you prefer to visit somewhere off the beaten track or a city?
Both… beaten track is always fun and you will have a great story to tell. I do also really love the city since I’m very much a city girl!
10. What is your favourite season to travel in and why?
Spring. Weather is always perfect.
11. Why did you start your travel blog? (we love hearing other people’s stories!)
I was inspired by the travel community and many of my friends and family members have always been encouraging me to start my own blog. I was always afraid to do it as I’m not the best writer but they love my photos and suggestions. It took some encouragement but here I am two months into it and loving it!
My Nomination For The Liebster Award:
A Globe Trot – I have been following Mairin since I started my blog and Instagram! She is currently living in London and sharing beautiful photos around the city. Mairin blogs about her travels through Europe and provides great travel guides. Read her most recent post on Dubai!
Kollecting Koordinates – Currently in Asia, Ivy is currently collecting awesome moments one coordinate at a time. Her photos are so dreamy and beautiful! I can’t wait to read more about your travels in Asia!
Pineapple Street – Kathryn quit her full-time job in NYC to backpack across Eastern and Western Europe with her best friend. She shares great travel tips and photos throughout Europe.
Suitcase And I – Chelsie is a Australian student who is able to travel the world and shares her tips on how she does it! Her photos are bright, colorful and making me wish I could pack myself in her suitcase! 😉
There She Goes Again – Samantha is a part-time traveler like me! Currently sharing her photos and blogging from Korea. I enjoy reading her story and I think you would too!
My Questions To My Nominees Are:
- Where is your next destination?
- What is your favorite city? Why?
- What is the scariest thing you have done while traveling?
- What is at the top of your bucket list?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Who is your favorite person to travel with? Or do you prefer solo travel?
- Do you prefer a sunrise or a sunset?
- Where is your hometown? What is the best thing about it?
- What is your favorite thing about traveling?
- Why did you decide to start your travel blog?
- Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
That was fun! It’s so exciting for others to learn more about me and I always enjoy learning more about my fellow bloggers. If you’re not following anyone on this post, I suggest you do it now! =)