When visiting New York you must visit a rooftop! New York is all about the rooftops, enjoy a delicious cocktail and take in spectacular views of the best rooftops New York has to offer. Here is a list of my personal favorites of best rooftops in Manhattan!
1. The Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar – (102 North End Ave: Battery Park) Rooftop of the Conrad Hotel. Very small but has the best alcoholic drinks with a popsicle to help cool you down during the hot summer days.
2. The Jane Rooftop – (113 Jane St: West Village) Located at the Jane Hotel, this was a well kept secret! For the first two years the only way to visit the rooftop was to have a reservation. It’s a fairly small space but it’s a beautiful way to relax and enjoy the sunset.
3. SixtyFive Bar – (30 Rockefeller Plaza: Midtown) Located on the 65th floor of the Rockefeller Building. Tip – save money and go here instead of Top of the Rock for the same exact views for FREE!!! This is probably my favorite view when it comes to best rooftops in Manhattan!
4. Press Lounge – (653 11th Ave: Hell’s Kitchen) Rooftop of Ink48 Hotel. Along the west side, Press Lounge is upscale and has spectacular night views and a personal favorite.
Photo by The Every Girl
5. Le Bain at the Standard – (848 Washington St: Meat Packing) Rooftop of the Standard Hotel is a great place to lounge on pink beds and colorful seats. This is one of the funnest rooftops and best for summer afternoons. During the summer they have summer events with music. This is also one of my favorite rooftops to take my visitors.
Photo by The Standard Hotels
6. Jimmy at the James – (15 Thompson St: Soho) Rooftop on top of The James Hotel in Soho has a great view of the Brooklyn Bridge and the World Trade Center. There’s also a pool right in the middle of the rooftop.
Photo by: @jimmyatthejames
7. Roof Garden Café at The Met – (1000 5th Ave: Upper East Side) Located at the Roof Garden Cafe at the Metropolitan Museum is a lovely place for happy hour or a great break from wandering the museum. Amazing views of Central Park!!
8. The Skylark – (200 W 39th St: Midtown) Awesome rooftop in Midtown with great food and drinks. Pretty large space so it’s great for large parties and a night out.
OTHER ROOFTOPS WORTH CHECKING OUT
9. Gallow Green Rooftop – (542 W 27th St: Chelsea) Open during the summer with a green garden. Located in the Mckittrick Hotel, home of “Sleep No More”.
10. Refinery Rooftop – (63 W 38th St: Midtown) Trendy and great for happy hour after work!
11. The Monarch Rooftop (71 W 35th St: Midtown) Upscale and low key rooftop in Midtown
12. Bar 54 at the Hyatt – (135 W 45th St: Times Square) On the 54th floor of the Hyatt Hotel with amazing views of Times Square
13. St Cloud – (6 Times Square: Times Square) Upscale bar at the Knickerbocker Hotel Rooftop
14. The Rooftop Lounge at Pod 39 – (145 E 39th St: Midtown East) Really cute vibe and has a great Mexican restaurant on the ground floor
15. 230 Fifth – (230 5th Ave: Flatiron) Very popular for young professionals with a great view of the Empire State Building and has a beautiful greenery setting
16. Bar Hugo – (525 Greenwich St: Tribeca) Stylish rooftop at Hotel Hugo
17. The Empire Rooftop – (44 W 63rd St: Upper West Side) Located at the Empire Hotel this is a great happy hour spot and they play live music
There are so many to choose from and even I haven’t had a chance to visit them all! Please let me know what are your favorite Manhattan Rooftops!