I have a sweet tooth and New York has the best desserts to satisfy it. From the best ice cream, cookies, cupcakes and even the famous cronut you will find yourself eating your way through the city and it never ends! There is always new dessert shops popping up to satisfy your sugar cravings. Here is a list of the 12 best desserts in Manhattan!
1. Dominique Ansel Kitchen – (137 7th Ave: West Village) Green Tea Beignets!!
2. Dominique Ansel Bakery – (189 Spring St: Soho) Dominique Ansel created the cookie shot. A cookie in a shape of a shot glass and milk poured into it. It’s pretty amazing and only sold after 3 pm daily. He is also the creator of the cronut (donut + croissant hybrid) and it has gain popularity around the world. Guests continue to line up by 6 am to get a hold of this precious cronut. There is a limited amount sold daily and usually sells out by 10 am. Each month he creates a new flavor.
Pro Tip: Order a cronut for pick up online 2 weeks in advance every Monday at 11 am on cronutpreorder.com. I use to do this once a month!
3. Spot Dessert Bar – (Multiple locations) All the desserts are delicious and Asian inspired. The Green Tea Lava Cake is a must!
Photo by: @spotdessertbar
4. Levain Bakery – (167 W 74th St: Upper Westside) The most popular cookie in all of New York. Very fresh, gooey and buttery soft.
Photo by: @levainbakery
5. Chikalicious Dessert Bar – (203 E 10th St: East Village) Sit down dessert bar that offers a 3 dessert course for $16.
Chikalicious Dessert Club – (204 E 10th St: East Village) Across the street from the Dessert Bar is the to go shop. Get the ice cream churro cone!
6. Doughnut Plant – (Multiple locations) This is my favorite donut shop. I love the carrot cake donut and occasionally they come up with unique new flavors.
7. Lady M – (Multiple locations) Get a slice of the Green Tea Crepe Cake.
8. Macaron Parlour – (Multiple locations) My favorite macaron shop! They have the best macaron ice creams and unique flavors. They’re known for the candid bacon macaron which is worth a try!
9. Magnolia Bakery – (Multiple locations) Known for the banana pudding.
10. Molly’s Cupcakes – (228 Bleecker St: West Village) The creme brûlée cupcake is worth trying!
11. Momofuku Milk Bar – (Multiple locations) You must visit Momofuku Milk Bar for their famous cereal milk ice cream and purchase cookies as souvenirs.
12. Rice to Riches – (37 Spring St: Soho) A New York staple! Rice to riches is a shop that specializes in flavored rice pudding! You can sample the flavors, pick your rice pudding and topping.
Please comment below on your favorites and let’s hope no one has a cavity after this! =)