I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!
There is an endless amount of ice cream shops in New York and it totally deserves it’s very own post. I typically enjoy frozen yogurt but since living in New York I have found myself falling for ice cream due to the amazing options throughout the city. Read along because you will not want to miss out on any of these awesome ice creams!
1. Ice & Vice – (221 E Broadway: lower manhattan) Ice & Vice has unique flavors that changes often. A few of their unique flavors are Vietnamese coffee, doughnut truffle and Mexican vanilla. More recently they have been getting a lot of Instagram exposure with their marshmallows being added to any ice cream!
2. ChikaLicious Dessert Club – (204 E 10th St: East Village) This newly innovative churro cone is worth a try!
3. Eggloo – (60 Mulberry St: Chinatown) Hong Kong style waffle cone with ice cream and free toppings!
4. Momofuku Milk Bar – 241 E 10th St241 E 10th St – (Multiple locations) You can’t visit New York without trying Momofuku’s famous cereal milk ice cream!! It’s the best soft serve ever and I love the frosted flakes topping!
5. I CE NY – (101 Macdougal St: Greenwich Village) Thai rolled ice cream has become super popular in New York. They make the ice cream in front of you and roll it up into a cup. This location does not have a long wait. I highly recommend you trying it out!
6. Dominique Ansel Kitchen – (137 7th Ave: West Village) Yesssss so worth it!
7. Dominique Ansel Bakery – (189 Spring St – Soho) People eat it for breakfast because it’s THAT good!
8. Sundaes & Cones – (95 E 10th St: East Village) They have unique asian flavors such as taro, sesame, thai tea and they’re all so delicious!
9. Oddfellows Ice Cream Co – (East Village & Williamsburg) I prefer the Williamsburg location as it has special flavors and does collaborations! The cotton candy wrapped around my ice cream was a unique take on a ice cream cone!
10. Emack & Bolio’s – (Multiple Locations) Fun choices of cones! Fruit loops, oreos, fruity pebbles and so many more!
11. Macaron Parlour – (East Village & Upper West Side) The best macaron ice cream is the care bear stare!! They also tend to be available around the city during the summer and holiday markets with Urbanspace
12. Popbar – (5 Carmine St: Greenwich Village) Multiple flavored gelato popsicles to choose from. You then have an option to dip it in chocolate and your choice of toppings!
13. Eight Turn Crepe – (55 Spring St: Soho) Best crepes in the city! Especially this lychee matcha ice cream crepe.
14. Ample Hills Creamery – (Multiple Locations) Known for the pretzel and chocolate chip cookie cones!
15. Taiyaki NYC – (119 Baxter St) Fun fish pancake filled with delicious ice cream filled with red bean and topping of your choice!
MORE ICE CREAM!!
16. Big Gay Ice Cream – (Multiple locations) A long time local favorite for all New Yorkers. Can’t go wrong with anything here, usually a line but it it will go by fast. The “Salty Pimp” is a personal favorite of mine.
17. Amorino – (Multiple locations) An authentic Italian shop that scoops your ice cream into a flower!
18. Morgenstern’s Finest Ice Cream – (2 Rivington St: Lower East Side) a retro parlor look, innovative items like the avocado ice cream toast, an open-faced ice cream sandwich, and, of course, the aptly-named King Kong sundae.
19. Snowdays – (241 E 10th St: East Village) One of the few shaved snow ice cream shops in New York. If you have not tried shaved snow this is a must! It’s an ice cream/shaved ice hybrid.
20. M’O IL Gelato – (178 Mulberry St: Nolita) Have you had a panini ice cream? If not, go try it now! This place warms up the bun and places ice cream into it and it works so well!
BONUS: SkyIce NYC – (63 5th Ave: Brooklyn) Come here for the ice cream flight! Awesome asian inspired flavors and flight comes with about 12 mini scoops.
Have fun eating your way through the best ice creams in New York!!
Comment below and let me know if you’ve tried any of these and which was your favorite!